COVID-19 How we are responding
I want to share an update on what my office is doing to keep our patients safe and I am writing to let you know that I will be reducing my office hours during this health scare.
While we are open we will be taking draconian measures and following all of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control’s recommendations in order to keep you healthy.
- We are washing our hands frequently and we are asking our patients to wash their hands prior to signing in.
- To avoid close contact, we are scheduling our appointments further apart. Because of this precaution we must ask you to make an appointment prior to coming to the office. We will not be able to take “Walk-ins” at this time. We also ask that you be on time for your appointment.
- If you are sick, we ask that you stay home. We request 24 hour notice if you must cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that you please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you need to cough or sneeze and then use hand sanitizer after.
- As you know, we wash our towels after every use. We are also wiping down all “high-touch” surfaces, i.e. door knobs, counters, chairs, massage tables, etc. with Clorox disinfecting wipes.
Also, I will be using a UV light wand – UVC Virus Germicidal Disinfection Sanitizing Light.
To add to your comfort, my office has hospital gowns that you can wear over your clothes.
Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, we will have regular business hours on Mondays and Wednesdays (9a to 1p/3p to 7p) and Saturdays, 9a to 1p. We will be closed Tuesdays and Thursdays. These hours will be in effect until further notice.
To your health,
Dr. Steinberg and staff